Our valued customers,
Affirming the interest of Burgan Bank in the theme of customer’s protection which guarantee their obtaining of banking and financial services in a comprehensive frame of transparency and disclosure, and enabling them to make their decisions on a sound basis, below are the rights and responsibilities of the customers, which the customer must be fully aware of during conducting banking transactions.
First: Customer Rights:
- To receive fair, equal and honest treatment from all employees of the bank.
- To receive clear, transparent and accurate information on all products and services availed in a professional manner.
- Bank shall maintain the confidentiality and privacy of personal and financial information and will not disclose it to anyone except in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- To receive copies of contracts, terms & conditions, details on fees and charges for products and services availed.
- To refuse to sign any blank or incomplete financial documents or contracts
- In the event that the customer doesn’t understand any of the terms or procedures related to the service or product he/she wishes to obtain, customer can present inquiries to the concerned employees at the bank in order to take decisions based on a clear and full knowledge.
- To select among the offered products and services the most suitable to his/her actual circumstances and abilities and to fulfill his/her actual needs.
- To seek advice from the specialist employees at the bank if he/she faces any financial difficulties which prevent him/her from adhering to contract’s terms or use of the provided services and products
Second: Customer Responsibilities:
- To carefully view all documents presented by the bank upon obtaining any service or product and it’s important to identify any fees, commissions, commitments, or responsibilities that may apply.
- To be truthful in all information provided to the bank.
- To identify the risks that might result from using a service or product offered by the bank, through inquiries addressed to the specialists on the effects of those risks and the customer must avoid it whenever possible.
- To maintain copies of the documents of the dealings with the bank in a safe place and in a manner that is easy to refer to when needed.
- To review and ensure the accuracy of all documents presented by the bank before signing them.
- To update his/her personal and banking information at the bank whenever the bank requests it or if there is a change.
- To inform the bank as soon as he/she knows there are some banking transactions made on his/her accounts which he/she doesn’t know of or its reasons or those without an authorization from him/her.
- To practice care and caution in maintaining the secrecy of his/her information in the dealings with the bank and not disclose it to any other party.
- As affirmation of maintaining banking confidentiality, and if the customer needs to correspond with the bank by normal mail or electronic mail, he/she must use the personal postal address to avoid others from viewing his/her personal and banking information if he/she used an address that doesn’t belong to him/her.
- In the event that the customer needs to give an authorization or power of attorney to others to handle his/her accounts or funds at the bank, the customer must be cautious about the authorizations and information he/she gives to them, and to do what is necessary as soon as he/she wishes to cancel the power of attorney and notify the bank.
Listen Click Here to download The Customer Rights and responsibilities.