You may have read or recently seen reports on news about fake websites or unreliable fraudulent e-mails designed to trick Internet users into revealing their personal or banking information. Burgan Bank does not ask you to disclose any personal information or data such as account number, password, etc. at any time.
Burgan Bank upgrades its internet security on a continuous basis to ensure customers are protected. Protecting information is a shared responsibility and we request you to exercise caution in electronic transactions on the Internet and handle e-mails with great care at all times. We recommend the following precautions and actions:
- The Bank will never ask you to reply to an email or SMS any personal and financial information such as your username, password, credit/debit card number, PIN numbers or any other sensitive information. If you receive such a request, please ignore and alert us immediately by email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1804080.
- Do not share your personal account information, password or your ATM card PIN with anyone; not even with the Bank or any of its employees.
- Access Burgan Online only from computers that have been checked by capable and updated Anti Virus/Anti Spyware/Personal Firewall software to ensure that there is no malicious program/Spyware installed on the computer.
- Set & use a password that is difficult for others to guess or decipher
- Regularly change your password as an enhanced security measure.
- Avoid accessing the online banking website from a public PC.
- When you login to online banking, please check the security settings on your web browser. - Check that the connection is secure over SSL (Secure Socket Layer - Data Encryption) - Review the "padlock" and certificate signature of the page.
- If you wish to report any phishing or fraud attempt relating to Burgan Bank, please forward details of this via email without modifying the contents to
email@example.com. We will investigate the matter and take immediate action.
- Review your account statement periodically and report any discrepancies in its numbers.