Tips to keep your chequebooks safe:
- Record all details of cheques issued.
- Do not leave your cheque book unattended.
- Always keep your cheque book in a safe place, under lock and key.
- Whenever you receive your cheque book, please count the number of cheque leaves in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
Tips to Fill a Cheque Leaf correctly:
- Always use your own pen to write a cheque.
- Do not sign blank cheques.
- Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the cheque.
- Remember to cross your cheque whenever applicable and prevent it from being misused.
- Always draw a line through any unused space on the cheque.
- Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
- Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.
- Avoid using cheques with changes on them. Issue a new cheque if possible.
- When you cancel a cheque, mutilate the MICR band and write "CANCELLED" across the cheque.